July 31, 2012

Pesto Bread


As I mentioned before, my son and husband kinda like pesto but they don't love it.  Not like me....I can't get enough of it.  I love this time of year because I can make it from the basil in my garden.  There's nothing better than fresh, homemade pesto!

However, this is the one way that my family loves to eat pesto - on bread, with melted cheese.  They, well let's face it all of us, can't keep our hands out of the bread basket when I make this pesto bread.  Give it a try...I'm sure it will disappear before your eyes!


Pesto Bread

1 loaf of French Baguette 
1/2 cup pesto (the amount will vary based on the size of the baguette)
Fresh or shredded mozzarella

Preheat oven to 350.  Cut the baguette in half lengthwise, and spread the pesto all over both halves.  Don't put too thick a layer of pesto though because it's got a pretty strong flavor - a little goes a long way.  Layer the fresh mozzarella on top of the pesto, or sprinkle with the shredded mozzarella to cover the pesto on each half of the bread.  Place on a baking sheet and cook in oven for about 8-10 minutes, or until the cheese is melted.

1 comment: