December 13, 2012

Honey Chili Butter


December is THE month for entertaining.  I've checked two grocery stores and neither of them had chicken wings or the brand of beer my husband likes!  Odd, but then I remembered....it's almost Christmas, and people are having parties and get togethers.  We are doing a breakfast get together & a Christmas dinner one, and I have a birthday party to go to this weekend....busy, busy!  But it's fun isn't it?  Before you know it the holidays will be over and there won't be anything going on again.  Back to dreary winter days and nights until spring and summer come along when we can enjoy outside entertaining again!  CAN'T WAIT!

Anyway, here is an amazing condiment to try.  It is sweet with a little kick, and it goes well with almost anything!  I've used it on toast & rolls, in the pan when cooking eggs, on vegetables.....you could even use it on a roasted chicken (although I haven't tried that yet).  Make this and serve it at the dinner table during your holiday meal, and I am sure your guests will be impressed!

  Honey Chili Butter

1 stick unsalted butter, softened
1 tbsp + 1 tsp honey
1/2 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp cayenne
pinch of salt

Mix all ingredients in a small bowl by hand or with a mixer until smooth and well combined.  Keep in fridge in airtight container.  I like to bring mine to room temp before serving with rolls.

1 comment: