January 16, 2013

Orange Marmalade Roasted Pork Loin


For some reason fruit just seems to go with pork.  I don't know why, but I know that I myself have cooked pork with apples, figs, cranberry and orange flavors.  All work so nicely with pork.  However, I really enjoy using orange marmalade on pork because it gives it such a lovely light and refreshing flavor.  

This recipe is super simple, yet turns out stunning enough to serve when you have company.  Use a bone-in pork loin for an even more impressive presentation.  Pair this dish with a green veggie and roasted potatoes, or maybe with a salad and good crusty bread (click here for an easy artisan bread recipe).  Or if you are like me and you tend to make a nice big Sunday dinner every week, this recipe is perfect for that as well.  Enjoy!



Orange Marmalade Roasted Pork Loin

4 lb pork loin
Garlic salt & pepper seasoning
2 tbsp olive oil
2 sprigs fresh rosemary
2 cloves garlic, peeled & crushed

1/3 cup orange marmalade
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
1 tbsp stone ground mustard

Preheat oven to 375.  In a small bowl add the marmalade and both types of mustard, mix to combine and set aside.  Add the olive oil to a large oven safe cast iron skillet and heat on medium-high.  Rinse and pat dry the pork loin, and seasoning generously with the garlic salt & pepper seasoning on all sides.  Place loin in hot pan and sear on all sides, couple minutes each side, then remove from heat.  Add the garlic and rosemary to the pan, brush a little of the marmalade mixture on the pork, then place pan in oven.  Roast for about an hour, or until a meat thermometer reads 140.  During the last 15 minutes of the roasting time baste the pork with the marmalade mixture every 5 minutes.  Remove from oven, tent the pan with foil and let it rest for 10 minutes before slicing. 

8 comments:

  1. Nothing beats a good, easy recipe for a pork loin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree ... fruit goes great with pork. I recently made it with a tangerine marmalade, really similar to how you made yours. Out.of.this.world. It's on next week's menu! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, that sounds yummy! Hey I hear we tied on Cannella Vita's chocolate chip cookie recipe showdown :) I'll have to give your recipe a try! Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  3. I recently bought some orange marmalade and I was wondering what I could do with it. Now I know. Pork tenderloin is the perfect canvas for an orange marmalade painting! Thanks for a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. cliquez sur la référence www.dolabuy.ru voir ici maintenant meilleurs sacs de répliques en ligne pourquoi ne pas en savoir plus https://www.dolabuy.su

    ReplyDelete