June 15, 2013

Lemon Thyme Vinaigrette


Lemons and fresh herbs make me think of summer.  Since we are about to finally enter the summer season (at least officially, otherwise not so much here in VT), I figured it was a good time to throw this recipe out there.  It's about time I take a break from my usual homemade balsamic vinaigrette I think, and this vinaigrette is just perfect for this time of year.

It's so light, so refreshing, so full of flavor.....it's like a breath of fresh air.  Love it!  In fact, I think this may be my new favorite dressing.  Now, if only the sun would shine here for more than 2 hrs a week!  Hope this weather pattern changes soon for the better or else my garden is going to be a total loss. 


Lemon Thyme Vinaigrette

1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
2 tbsp honey
2-3 tsp fresh thyme, chopped
1 tsp garlic, minced
1/4 cup olive oil
Pinch of salt & pepper 

Add all ingredients, except the olive oil, to a small container with a lid (like a mason jar, but a bowl and a whisk will work also).  Whisk everything together to get the honey incorporated.  Add the olive oil, put the lid on and shake vigorously until it is emulsified.  Store in refrigerator, and it'll keep for about 2 weeks.

3 comments:

  1. I made the salad dressing to go over a roast chicken breast salad. The only addition I made was
    fresh oregano along with the thyme. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds delicious - thanks for commenting ☺

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have made this several times
    Only i add more garlic and sometimes add oregano

    ReplyDelete