November 4, 2013

Roasted Red Pepper & Goat Cheese Alfredo


I had surgery last week, and I'm still finding it a bit difficult to get around.  I'm still a little sore, however my husband had to go to Chicago, so I've been left to fend for myself.  Actually, standing and laying are the least painful, so cooking really isn't too bad.  Since I have so much time on my hands recuperating, I decided to spend some of it on the internet looking for a new recipe for a meatless lunch option.   

That's when I came across this recipe for roasted red pepper & goat cheese alfredo at http://www.laurenslatest.com.  This one caught my eye because I love roasted red pepper and goat cheese, and I usually have both on hand.  After looking over the recipe I decided to adapt it to an easier version, therefore reducing the time on my feet. This turned out to be so delicious - I really loved it!  I can see adding some chicken to it for an even more filling dinner option.  For me, and for a meatless lunch, this was perfect!  I used gluten-free noodles, but obviously you don't have to.  Thanks for the fabulous recipe Lauren!


Roasted Red Pepper & Goat Cheese Alfredo (adapted from http://www.laurenslatest.com)

1/2 medium onion, chopped
1 tsp garlic, chopped
1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
1 cup roasted red pepper, or 1 whole roasted red pepper
1/2 cup half & half
2 oz goat cheese
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
1/4 lb linguine 
1 tbsp olive oil
Salt & Pepper

Heat the olive oil on medium heat in a small saucepan, then add the onion.  Saute until translucent, about 6-8 minutes.  Add the chopped garlic and saute another 2 minutes.  Add the Italian seasoning, half & half, goat cheese and salt & pepper to taste.  Stir until cheese is melted, then reduce to low heat.   Add the roasted red pepper and the Parmesan cheese and stir to combine.  Using an immersion blender, pulse the mixture until pureed (or you can pour this into a food processor and puree it that way).  Taste and add more seasonings if necessary.  Pour over your pasta of choice and serve hot.  Makes 2 servings.

1 comment: