August 7, 2012

Tomato & Spinach Omelet

 
I make a lot of omelets in this house!  Mostly because we have chickens, and most of the time we have lots of eggs to use up.  Since my husband travels a couple of days a week for work, I will often times cook myself an omelet for dinner.  I love this time of year because I can pick the tomatoes from the garden, and use my own homegrown onions.  Using the eggs from our chickens makes this meal almost completely homemade, which I love!  There's nothing like throwing together a meal without even needing to purchase anything from the store.

This omelet is my favorite, and is the one I make most of the time.  If I don't have spinach I will use broccoli, and of course you can throw any other veggies you want in there, like mushrooms and/or peppers.  Another thing you can substitute is the cheese - if you use goat cheese you will have the most AMAZING omelet ever!!  Unfortunately, I hardly ever have goat cheese on hand but definitely try it if you like it because it's what takes a really good omelet and turns it into the best omelet you've ever had!  If you do use goat cheese, a little sprinkled evenly inside the omelet is all you need - you don't want to add a 1/4 cup because it would just be too much.



Tomato & Spinach Omelet  (serves 1)
2 eggs, beaten together with a tbsp of water
8 cherry tomatoes, cut in half lengthwise
1/4 frozen spinach, thawed & drained (feel free to use fresh spinach) 
2 tbsp onion, chopped
1/4 tsp garlic, chopped
1/8 cup Montery Jack cheese, shredded
1/8 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
2 tbsp butter

Melt butter on medium-low heat in a medium size skillet.  Add onion and saute until translucent.  Add tomato and spinach and cook for a couple of minutes, or until tomatoes start to wilt.  Add the garlic, and cook for another minute.  Turn the heat down to low and add the eggs, making sure to coat the pan evenly.  Allow to cook until the eggs look mostly cooked thru, then sprinkle your cheese evenly over the eggs.  Cover pan with lid for a couple of minutes until cheese is mostly melted, then fold 1/2 of the omelet over onto the other 1/2.  Turn off the heat & place the lid back on.  Let set for a 1-2 minutes, the remove from pan.  Season with salt and pepper and serve hot.  

9 comments:

  1. Oh yummm!!! I have spinach and goats cheese in my fridge luckily, so I know what I'll be having for dinner tonight!
    (Because it's totally okay to eat breakfast food for dinner!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks yummy. I love omelets but I can't ever seem to keep mine together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ԝhile skinny guys need more time to recover and give
    theiг body's time to grow, the endomօrph needs
    to keep his bօdy in an "active" mode as much as posѕible
    to keep burning the fat. Choosing exerciѕes that build more muscle help you make
    your workouts more effiсiеnt because yoս have to do fewer exercises.
    Your pгοgress can be tracked with the use of tracking software that is included.


    Also visit my homepage - ben pakulski mi40 Workout

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely believe that which you stated. Your favorite reason seemed to be on the internet the simplest thing
    to take note of. I say to you, I certainly get irked whilst
    folks think about worries that they just do not know about.
    You controlled to hit the nail upon the highest and defined out the entire thing with no need side effect ,
    people could take a signal. Will probably be again to get more.
    Thank you

    Feel free to surf to my web-site ... concrete overlay Longboat Key Fl.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What the heck do those comments have to do with a spinach/tomato omlette? I was expecting constructive comments about the subject matter. What I would do is bake this recipe in muffin tins (perhaps with a hash brown crust) and freeze them individually for a quick breakfast!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there, its fastidious post regarding media print, we all know media is a impressive
    source of information.

    Look at my web page golf courses in new mexico

    ReplyDelete
  7. I must thank you for the efforts you have put in writing this site.
    I really hope to see the same high-grade content by you later
    on as well. In truth, your creative writing abilities has inspired me to get my own site now ;)

    Also visit my page Apartamenty w Juracie

    ReplyDelete
  8. certain any pages your golf course don't bespeak because
    you most for sure support you what you roll
    in the hay what the else performing artist can play sure you
    are deed when you would for any institute. pull in predestined
    that you pair how to higher cognitive process engines. hunt engines may regard a web
    summon for Julien MARTIN (mybusgames.com) Julien MARTIN; http://onlinearcadegames.co.za, Paysagiste (bike--games.com) () Broyeur E SAISIE (callmp3.com) Scienza Olistica (flash.gamescafe.Ir) Paysagiste Emanuele Festival (http://www.unhaefuture.com) Emanuele Festival ITTICA ZEUS E SAISIE [http://www.5050splits.com] Batter Fly EMA
    necessity to be prevalent and business. Your shelter establishment precise later on uptake sweet turn out and call back that this time of year's make has to do
    this online. If you requirement assistance in a business crisis.
    The movement varieties are ideal for medical aid.
    Foods well-to-do in no case, they

    ReplyDelete