August 26, 2012

Ricotta Crostini with Roasted Grapes


I recently made homemade ricotta, and one thing I was dying to make was grilled peaches topped with ricotta and honey.  However, I forgot to leave out a peach when I made my peach pie the other day.  So, I looked around my kitchen to see what I had on hand.  Since I had lots of grapes, I decided to roast them up to use with my ricotta.

I then toasted up some bread, added some herbs to the ricotta, slathered it on the toasted bread and topped it with the roasted grapes...YUM!  This was a really mild, yet delicious treat, and would be perfect for an appetizer when company is over.  The flavors went really well together, and I actually ended up having it for lunch!  



Ricotta Crostini with Roasted Grapes

1 cup homemade ricotta (click here for recipe)
1tbsp minced scallion
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
loaf of french baguette, sliced and brushed with a little olive oil & toasted until golden brown
4 cups grapes
olive oil

Mix the scallion, salt & pepper into the ricotta and set aside.  Line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil and preheat oven to 425.  Place grapes on sheet pan and drizzle with olive oil and toss to combine.  Place grapes in oven and cook for about 8 minutes, or until grapes start to burst. 

Take the toasted bread and spread each slice with a good slathering of the ricotta (the amount depends on your preference), and top with the roasted grapes.  Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. This looks great, I can't wait to try this next weekend. Having a girls wine party, and this looks like the perfect food to start.

    ReplyDelete