August 15, 2012

Blueberry Hand Pies


When I was in Maine a few weeks ago visiting my Aunt Judy, she gave me a big bag of fresh picked Maine blueberries to bring back with me.  I've made muffins and a pie, and I still have blueberries left!  Since my son had a friend sleep over this past weekend, I decided I should make them some kind of dessert using more of the blueberries.  I didn't have a lot of time for baking, so I did a once over of what I had on hand and quickly came up with an idea.

I had a package of crescent dough sitting in my fridge that I bought for something else, but then realized I didn't need it after-all, so I decided to use it in my blueberry dessert.  Actually I was going for something like a Blueberry Hand Pie but using the crescent dough as a shortcut.  It worked out pretty well, even though they didn't look pretty (the dough wasn't easy to work with, maybe because it was hot outside)!  They turned out to be really good, especially warm with ice cream and a little drizzle of extra blueberry pie filling.....YUM! 

Quick Blueberry Hand Pies

One recipe of blueberry pie filling (click here to get my blueberry pie filling recipe)
One package of crescent dough
1/4 cup sugar in a small bowl

Line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray.  Unroll each piece of crescent dough and shape them into a square as best as you can.  In center, add the blueberry filling (as much as you can get on there, but still leaving a 1/2 inch around all edges).  Pull one side of the dough up and over to the other side.  Fold and crimp edges with a fork, then gently roll in the sugar to cover both sides.  Place on cookie sheet and bake according to crescent roll package directions.

No comments:

Post a Comment