March 30, 2013

Strawberry Avocado Sandwich


Boy, this has been one crazy busy week.  Baseball has started for my son, so it's back to running around like a maniac!  I haven't had much time for anything, so my house is a disaster.  My mom and sister are coming today for the weekend and I haven't even started cleaning.....I'm thinking I better get moving pretty quick here!

The other day I was trying to think of something different to do with the raisin bread I made.  I've seen salads that have strawberries and avocado in it, so I thought why not an open faced strawberry avocado sandwich with balsamic and goat cheese.  Sounds weird right?  But really if you think about it, it has all the elements of the perfect sandwich - sweetness from the raisin bread and strawberries, tartness from the goat cheese, smoothness from the avocado and everyone knows balsamic and strawberries go together.

I couldn't have been more right!  This sandwich was sooooooo good.....I seriously LOVED it.  I could eat this everyday no problem.  I didn't have much time to do a well thought out "photo shoot" of this sandwich, so excuse the not so fabulous pictures.  If I had more time I would have tried for a better shot to showcase how delicious this sandwich was.  I guess you will just have to trust me when I say that you really need to make this sandwich....like now.


Strawberry Avocado Sandwich

2-4 strawberries
1/2 avocado
1 thick slice raisin bread (of course you can use any bread you want)
balsamic vinegar
goat cheese

Toast the bread and spread a tiny amount of butter on it (optional).  Take half the avocado and slice it up.  Lay the avocado slices on the bread.  Cut the strawberries into quarters and lay them on top of the avocado.  Sprinkle the balsamic vinegar lightly over all the strawberries (just a few drops over each strawberry piece).  Top with goat cheese - you don't need a ton, a little goes a long way.  I popped mine into the oven under the broiler set on low for a couple of minutes, but really you could probably skip this step and it would still be delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment