July 13, 2013

Old-Fashioned Peanut Butter Cookies


Still having computer issues....yup.  It really is one of those impossible situations because I feel like technology has me hostage.  I wish I could be like my aunt - no cable, no computer, no internet access.  Life is so much more simple that way.  Most of us believe there's just no way we'd survive, however, I believe I could adjust.  For the times I'd get bored, hey here's a novel idea - read a book......and not on the kindle, an actual hard cover book!  Some days I feel as if I'm a 92 year old stuck in a "30 something" body.  Then I remember all the fun things on the internet like Pinterest, Foodgawker, Facebook, etc. and I fall into the technology trap all over again.  Oh well....I guess it's best to embrace and accept it.

For a long time I have been determined to make delicious peanut butter cookies with as little ingredients as possible.  These cookies are super simple to make and require zero flour - that's right, NO FLOUR!  Yahoo!  Wish all cookies could be flour-free.....hey, maybe I should make that a goal.  Anyway, you'll love them as much as I do (husband loved these too).  How can you not - they have no flour!  Haha


Peanut Butter Cookies

1 cup peanut butter
3/4 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 egg, slightly beaten
1 tsp baking soda
Turbinado sugar

Preheat oven to 350 and spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray.  Add the peanut butter and sugar to a large bowl and stir to combine.  Add the vanilla, egg  and baking soda and stir to combine.  Take a tablespoon and scoop the dough out and into your hand.  Roll into a ball then place on cookie sheet.  Repeat until the dough is gone.  With a fork, press gently onto each ball of dough to make the criss-cross marks, but don't press too hard.  Sprinkle the turbinado sugar on top of each ball of dough, then place cookie tray in oven.  Bake at 350 for 12-14 minutes (if you make 12 cookies, it may need 14 minutes to cook).  

Remove from oven and cool for 5 minutes before removing the cookies to cool on a wire rack.  Makes 12-14 cookies.

4 comments:

  1. Hi,
    We’ve recently launched the website RecipesUS.com. It’s a search engine that aims to gather all the best recipes from US websites and blogs in one place. RecipesUS.com is part of the world’s second largest family of recipe sites, with sites in 37 countries and hundreds of thousands of visitors every week. We’ve noticed that you have a lot of great looking recipes on your blog that we would love to feature on our site. To read more about how it all works and to sign up with your blog, please visit: http://recipesus.com or send us an email on info@recipesus.com. We look forward to hearing from you!

    Kind regards,
    Senka

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! These couldn't be easier and taste delicious! Thanks for a great recipe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, so glad you liked them - thanks for commenting!

      Delete