November 25, 2012

Turkey Cranberry Panini


Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving and enjoyed your time with family and/or friends.  If you are like me, you probably have a lot of leftovers from Thanksgiving.  This is never a bad thing.  I mean, we wait all year for this fantastic meal, so I have no problem eating leftovers for a few days.  Sometimes however, others in my house want something different than just heating up a plate of everything that's left.  

These sandwiches fit the bill.  The blue cheese with the cranberry gives this sandwich a different taste.  Something out of the ordinary.  But, if you don't like blue cheese or if you don't like cranberry sauce, this sandwich probably isn't going to be for you.  I happen to love both, and I loved this sandwich.  So rich, so delicious, so perfect - it hits the spot.  You can use any kind of bread you want to.  I love trying different bread combinations...the weirder the better usually!  So dig out that panini maker, and grab the leftovers.  Oh, and be prepared for sandwich bliss!

Turkey Cranberry Panini 

Good Artisan Bread (click here for recipe), sliced medium thickness
Turkey, roasted is preferred
Blue Cheese crumbles 
Cranberry Chutney (click here for recipe), or regular cranberry sauce
Mayonnaise 
Arugula or green leaf lettuce, optional


Turn on your panini maker to get hot while you are putting the sandwiches together.  Spread one piece of bread with the cranberry chutney, and the other piece with the mayonnaise.  Place your turkey on top of the chutney, then sprinkle on a layer of blue cheese. Add the lettuce (if using), then place the 2nd piece of bread on top.  Place on the panini maker and cook for about 5 minutes or until the cheese starts to melt and the bread is a nice golden brown.  

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love turkey & cranberry sandwiches and would have never thought of adding blue cheese crumbles, that is genius! I shared your recipe on my blog in my most recent meal plan. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wanted to put bacon on there too but I didn't have any on hand! I think all of that together would be even better. Thanks for visiting & hope you like it!

    ReplyDelete