May 10, 2012

Chocolate Cookies with White Chips


I have a confession.....I am not a lover of chocolate.  I think my sister, who can't go a day without it, must have gotten all the "chocolate genes".  Now, white chocolate on the other hand, mmm yummy.  I adore white chocolate, especially Lindt white chocolate......it's like heaven in my mouth!  I know there are some of you out there that will say "white chocolate isn't chocolate".  I don't even care, all I know is it makes me very happy. 

Many years ago I would make platters of cookies to give away at Christmas, so there was a time that I collected LOTS of interesting cookie recipes.  This recipe was one of them, however even though I made them to give away, I never actually ate one.  I did keep the recipe though, just in case.  

A couple of years ago we were going to have people over so I felt the need to make some kind of goodie for people to pick at, and I had a bag of white chocolate chips needing to be used up.  Since I know other people like chocolate I decided to make these cookies.  Imagine my surprise when I tried one and I actually liked it!  I'm sure it is the white chocolate chips that make these cookies so delicious   But you decide.....

Chocolate Cookies with White Chips

1 cup unsalted butter, softened
3/4 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup white sugar
2 tsp vanilla
2 eggs
2 cups flour
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 & 1/2 cups white chocolate chips


Preheat oven to 350, and spray two cookies sheets with cooking spray and set aside.  In a large bowl cream together the butter and sugar until well blended.  Beat in the eggs & vanilla.  In a separate bowl add the flour, cocoa, salt and baking soda and stir with a wire whisk to combine.  Stir the flour mixture into the butter mixture, then fold in the white chocolate chips.  Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto cookie sheets.  Bake for 10-12 minutes.  Cool on cookie sheet for a few minutes before moving them to a wire rack to cool completely.

6 comments:

  1. I am shocked! But I do love lint white chocolate too :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, most people are! But it's nice to hear I'm not the only one who loves white chocolate ☺ BTW, lovely blog & thanks for stopping by mine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I do know someone who really loves chocolates and can't stop eating them until the last bite. But as for me, I do like chocolates (especially dark chocolates). Great recipe. You should try to taste your creations most of the time. Or you can give some to me :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, I've just made this recipe tonight and it is wonderful! I am featuring it on my blog www.onthewayhome2.com and linking it to yours. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you liked them & honored to have you feature it on your blog! Keep up the good work & thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete