May 11, 2012

Kielbasa with Maple Syrup


Please excuse these pictures - I had a hard time getting creative when trying to photograph this yummy appetizer!  I really wanted to capture how beautiful it looked in the serving dish, but it just wasn't translating properly.  I guess the creative juices were just not flowing on the day I took the shots because now I can think of several different/more creative ways to showcase this dish.  Oh well, I guess there will be days like that!

Anyway, this appetizer is my husband's invention....I think.  Well, in any case, he was the one who introduced it to me years ago while we were preparing appetizers for a holiday get together.  At first I thought it sounded a little odd, but then I tried it.  It was sooo good!  Who would have thought that kielbasa and maple syrup would blend so nicely together?  A very pleasant surprise indeed.  If you decide to make this, make sure to use real maple syrup...it makes a big difference.  Obviously Vermont maple syrup is ideal, but if you don't have it than any other pure maple syrup will do.


 Kielbasa with Maple Syrup

1 Package Kielbasa, cut into bite size pieces
1/4 real maple syrup (Vermont syrup is best of course)
1-2 tsp spicy or stone ground mustard (optional)

On stove top in large pan, heat a little olive oil to coat the pan.  Add the Kielbasa and cook stirring occasionally on medium heat until it starts to brown.  Add the syrup (and mustard if you want), stir and let it warm through for about 5 minutes.  Spoon into dish and serve with toothpicks.

1 comment:

  1. For this recipe I am assuming that you meant 1/4 cup maple syrup

    ReplyDelete