May 18, 2012

Edamame Salad


As I've said before, I try to eat healthy. Most days I have salad for lunch, and normally I don't get bored of it.  However, once in a while I do have an urge to eat something different. This salad is a nice change from my regular salad routine. 

Edamame is very healthy for you, and when you combine it with all these other ingredients it can actually be quite delicious. I love this recipe because it's quick to put together and it supplies me with a healthy lunch for most of the week. Give it a try....you just might be pleasantly surprised!


Edamame Salad

10 oz shelled edamame
1/4 cup chopped red pepper
1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
3/4 cup black beans, rinsed and drained
2 tbsp chopped red onion
1/2 cup diced chicken
1/2 tsp cumin
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp sesame oil
1 tbsp lime juice
2 tbsp chopped cilantro
1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
1/4 cup dry roasted peanuts
salt & pepper to taste

Combine all ingredients in a medium size bowl, and stir well to combine.  Season with salt and pepper to taste.  Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour so all the flavors have time to meld together.

No comments:

Post a Comment