April 3, 2013

Quick Pesto Pizza


Ahhh pizza...one of my most favorite things to eat.  It's no secret how much I love one pot meals, so it should be no surprise to anyone that pizza appeals to me for the same reasons.  All your food groups in one dish = the perfect meal. 

Usually you are either a thin or thick crust kind of person.  While I prefer thin crust (the thinner the better), I would never turn down thick crust pizza if offered to me.  The only kind of pizza that I might turn down is deep dish pizza.  I never really feel so great after eating it - I think it's just a little to much for me.  My favorite way to cook pizza is on the grill - thin, crunchy pizza is my favorite, and the grilled taste just puts it over the top for me.

The best part about pizza is that you can top it with whatever your imagination could possibly think up.  I love that you can get creative with toppings and that you can make pizza to suit your own personal preferences.  What's better than that?  I love pizza so much that I would probably eat any kind you put in front of me.  The pizza I am blogging today is one of my favorites - thin crust pesto pizza with chicken, broccoli and roasted red pepper.  Sooo delish, sooo easy and sooo quick.  Perfect for when you are making a meal for one, or for several people who all want different pizza toppings.  So even if you aren't in to the toppings I used here, the method may be appealing to you.  Enjoy!


Thin Crust Pesto Pizza

Tortillas (one tortilla serves one person, so use/make as many as you need)
Fresh mozzarella (of course you can use already shredded mozzarella, but fresh is best)
Pesto (if making just one pizza, you'll need 1-2 tbsp of pesto)
Chicken, cooked and in bite size pieces
Broccoli
Roasted Red Peppers

Preheat oven to 400.  Place a wire rack over top of a cookie sheet.  Place a tortilla on the wire rack, then spread the pesto over the top of the tortilla.  Spread bits of the fresh mozzarella over top of the pesto (you do not need to cover all the pesto with the cheese).   Spread the chicken, broccoli and roasted red peppers over top of the cheese - as much or as little as you want.  Place in oven and cook for 10-12 minutes.  YUM!

9 comments:

  1. looks delicious, and I haven't even had breakfast! I agree about deep dish pizza...I don't even think it's actually pizza. It's a casserole baked in dough.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well there you go - pizza is also good for ANY meal. I eat leftovers for breakfast all the time ☺ Thanks for stopping by and commenting!

      Delete
  2. I love thin crust pizza too, I use brown rice tortilla's! I like the idea of using pesto, sounds delish!...thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh that looks lovely! Look at all the colours!!!

    SHobha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have you ever tried putting lasagna on top of yours? We tried that with a thin crust before, but because of the Lasagne pasta, it was still quite bulky. It was awesome, though. Next stop, Carbonara sauce and mushrooms!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice to share my love is wonderful to tell you that a healthy green gives you the best Organic vitamins, herbal remedies and organic supplements. They use all natural ingredients to create organic products.

    ReplyDelete