June 14, 2012

Fudgey Brownies


Brownies are a funny thing aren't they?  There are so many variations - cakey, thick, thin, fudgey.  Everyone has their own personal preference.  I think for me I've been trying to find the perfect combination of fudgey and still have it be thick and slightly cakey (if that makes sense).  I don't make brownies very often, but I would still like to find, what I consider to be the ultimate recipe.

In the past I've tried a recipe from the King Arthur website that I thought came out really good....almost exactly what I've been trying to find.  Yet, for some reason I feel the need to keep trying different recipes, just to see if there's something better out there.  This time I tried Dave Lebovitz's recipe for the "Best Brownies".  

These came out really good...if you like fudgey brownies.  Overall, I'd give this one two thumbs up.  Definitely good brownies, for sure!  For me, I'm still not completely satisfied though, so I'll probably give one or two more recipes a try....just to see if I can find something even better.  Or maybe I just have some kind of illness that makes me obsess over finding the "perfect recipe" for everything!  Probably a little of both


Dave Lebovitz's Best Brownies

6 tbsp butter
8 oz semisweet chocolate, chopped
3/4 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 large eggs, at room temp
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans

Preheat oven at 350, and spray an 8 x 8 pan with cooking spray.  Melt the butter In a medium sauce pan over low heat.  Add the chocolate and stir until melted.  Remove the pan from the heat and stir in sugar and vanilla.  Beat in the eggs one at a time until combined.  

Add the flour and stir vigorously for an entire minute (time yourself).  The mixture should go from grainy to smooth and glossy, and it will pull away from the side of the pan.  Stir in the chopped nuts.  Pour into the prepared pan and bake for about 30 minutes, or until center is almost set.  Do not over bake.  Cool completely in the pan before cutting into squares.

1 comment:

  1. tanx foг tаking the time to explore tһis, It’s ѵery helpful for me.
    http://www.codetools.ir
    http://www.codetools.ir ابزار وبلاگ

    ReplyDelete