June 10, 2012

Vermont Vinaigrette

 
I love to make my own salad dressing.  Vinaigrettes are my favorite because they are lower in calories, and personally I just like them better. 

This recipe comes from the kitchen where I used to work.  It was the most requested dressing that I made there, and there were some regulars that were very disappointed if it was not available.  I don't know why exactly it's called "Vermont Vinaigrette", but if I had to guess I'd say it's because it has a very earthy flavor to it.  It's full of herbs which gives it such a distinct flavor.  The ingredients in this dressing blend together so nicely, and it really has a flavor like no other dressing I've ever had.  

If you enjoy making your own dressing, I highly suggest giving this one a try.  Besides balsamic vinaigrette, this one is a favorite of mine.  This recipe makes a lot of dressing, so feel free to cut it in half if you don't need a lot of it.   

 
Vermont Vinaigrette

6 cloves/tsp chopped garlic
¼ cup mustard
1/8 cup honey
1 ¼ cup salad oil
½ cup apple juice
1 tbsp dill
½ tbsp thyme
1 tbsp salt
1 tsp pepper

Put all ingredients together in an airtight container (jar with lid) and shake like crazy until well combined.  


10 comments:

  1. REally? A TABLESPOON of salt? not me.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, like I said, this recipe makes a LOT of dressing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What is salad oil?? Just any oil you like??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vegetable or canola, but probably not olive oil (that would change the flavor too much).

      Delete
  4. this websitenavigate to these guys Sourcethat site find thisLook At This

    ReplyDelete
  5. بونوس های هات بت

    بونوس ها در هات بت یکی از اصلی ترین قابلیت هایی محسوب می شوند که یک کاربر می تواند از آن ها استفاده کند. البته که باید بدانید این بونوس ها تنها به افرادی اهدا می شود که فعالیت های زیادی در بخش های مختلف این سایت داشته باشند. بونوس ها باعث می شوند تا کاربر بتواند با پرداخت مبلغ کمتری به شرط بندی پرداخته و مقدار بالایی سود را به راحتی دریافت کند.
    پشتیبانی 24 ساعته این سایت شرط بندی فارسی

    بهترین و اصلی ترین قابلیتی که هر سایتی باید داشته باشد پشتیبانی است. در هات بت تیم پشتیبانی به صورت 24 ساعته فعالیت می کند. بدین صورت هر کاربری در هر ساعتی از شبانه روز که مشغول فعالیت در سایت بود می تواند در صورتی که به مشکل خاصی برخورد آن را با کمک تیم پشتیبانی حل کند. جالب است بدانید که این تیم در سایت دنیا جهانبخت در 7 روز هفته بدون تعطیلی فعالیت می کنند. این تیم در هیچ روزی از سال حتی روزهای سال جدید نیز تعطیلی ندارند و کارشناسانی برای رفع مشکلات کاربران همیشه در دسترس می باشند.

    ReplyDelete